SOLVED cPanel 74 - how to release held mails

ebizindia

Oct 13, 2005
Kolkata, India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Cpanel 74 allows one to hold the emails (one can also allow or block such emails) if the unique email addresses exceed a given number for emails sent by an account.

I want to know how to release the held mails if the emails are legitimate.

TIA

rpvw

Jul 18, 2013
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Reactions: cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

4u123

PartnerNOC
Jan 2, 2006
Just wanted to point out that many people use forwarders and send mail from scripts with the "from address" set as the forwarder. This is quite common. Unfortunately this new functionality doesn't give the customer an opportunity to release messages for those addresses - so from their point of view, messages they are sending are not getting through and they don't know why.

There needs to be an interface in WHM so that we can see what addresses currently have mail held and release them, or you need to add the same functionality available in Email Accounts to the Forwarders section of cpanel too.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

kdean

Oct 19, 2012
Orlando, FL
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Well, it's been about 3 years, and looks like still a problem. I'm trying to release emails that are being sent from an address that is not a mailbox and haven't figured out a way to do it yet, at least manually.

kdean

Oct 19, 2012
Orlando, FL
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
While the uapi and whmapi1 commands I found did not work. I did just find a solution. Removing the email from /etc/outgoing_mail_hold_users worked. There's also a /etc/outgoing_mail_suspended_users for ones that go there.

Reactions: cPRex