ebizindia

Oct 13, 2005
Kolkata, India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Version 76 contains some useful links on the home screen for quick access. Is it possible to add options that I frequently use (eg Configserver email queue manager, Quota modification)?

linux4me2

Aug 21, 2015
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It would be great to be able to customize the Home screen in WHM 76. Unfortunately for me, I don't use any of the links that are there by default very often.

My workaround is to collapse all the menus in the left sidebar to get easy access to most of the main categories, though it does take some scrolling to get down to the plugins...

I submitted a feature request here.

Last edited:
Reactions: cPanelMichael

rpvw

Jul 18, 2013
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm sure 76 is faster-lighter-stronger-better, but I'm old, I hate change, and I especially hate the new Home Page :( Of the few icon links on the Home page, I only regularly use List Accounts.

The sooner that the home page can be customized (I have already voted for @linux4me2 feature request) the better.

Other than that, the whole WHM experience seems faster and more positive from the little testing I have done so far, and the new features in cPanel do work, although I have to wonder how many cPanel users are going to rush out and bother setting where their notifications appear on their screens ? and if that effort could not have been put to better use elsewhere !

All in all, as a work in progress, 76 looks like it is certainly going in the right direction.

Reactions: cPanelMichael

cPanelAdamF

cPanel Product Owner
Staff member
Mar 21, 2013
Houston TX
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
I very much look forward to making this feature request happen for you guys. The new WHM Index page (in v76) is definitely getting alot of review notes right now. We did the best we could in estimating the most commonly accessed features of WHM but we knew going into it that we wouldn't get it right for everyone!

cPanelAdamF

cPanel Product Owner
Staff member
Mar 21, 2013
Houston TX
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
The other thought worth some discussion (feedback very welcome!) would be to always show just the left navigation as the index page when you visit WHM on a mobile device with a width small enough.

For example, the experience I'm proposing here would be:
  1. Log in to WHM from your phone
  2. The WHM Index page looks like...
    • WHM top navigation (blue bar) is shown. WHM logo on left, logout link on the right. No other icons shown because the News and Change Log links are available elsewhere
    • Search box below blue bar
    • collapsed left navigation (showing just the groups) below that