The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel 86_64 screwed up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aboulfeth, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Aboulfeth

Aboulfeth Registered

Hello,
    I'm running:
    WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-R113
    CentOS 4.2 x86_64 - WHM X v3.1.0

This cPanel 64 is driving me crazy.. now I just want to get rid of it, backup my accounts on a different server, format & install cPanel 32 bits.

root@servidor [~]#

root@servidor [~]# cat /etc/*ease*
    CentOS release 4.2 (Final)
    root@servidor [~]#

Now I have many problems during horde:

A fatal error has occurred
    Required 'Array' not specified in session handler MySQL configuration. The file /config/conf.php should contain a $conf['sessionhandler']['params']['Array'] setting.
    Details have been logged for the administrator.
    PhpMyAdmin:

Warning: Illegal offset type in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/grab_globals.lib.php on line 87

Warning: Illegal offset type in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/grab_globals.lib.php on line 87

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/grab_globals.lib.php:87) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/select_theme.lib.php on line 93

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/grab_globals.lib.php:87) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 55

Squirrelmail:

Warning: preg_match() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/imap_messages.php on line 197

ERROR : Could not complete request.
    Unknown response from IMAP server: 1.Array0

Warning: arsort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/functions/mailbox_display.php on line 543

ERROR:
    ERROR : Could not complete request.
    Query: SUBSCRIBE "Array"
    Reason Given: SUBSCRIBE failed: Already subscribed to mailbox Array

Apache recompile:

Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server: libmysqlclient.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And I get this while running /scripts/cpbackup:

/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl . /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel) at (eval 4) line 3
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 3.
    Perhaps a module that DBD::mysql requires hasn't been fully installed
    at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 40
    at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 46
    Cpanel::Mysql::new('Cpanel::Mysql') called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mysqladmin line 47
    /usr/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 1102: Incorrect database name '<br /><b>Error while connecting to MySQL. Failover enacted.</b><br />' when selecting the database
    /usr/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 1102: Incorrect database name '<br />nsflow_joomla' when selecting the database
    Done
    Grabbing mysql privs...install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate loadable object for module DBD::mysql in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl . /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel) at (eval 4) line 3
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 3.
    Perhaps a module that DBD::mysql requires hasn't been fully installed
    at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 40
    at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 46
    Cpanel::Mysql::new('Cpanel::Mysql') called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mysqladmin line 47
    Done
    Leaving timeout safety mode
    Copying mailman lists....Done
    Copying mailman archives....Done
    Copying homedir....

and when I just go to cpanel I get:

Error while connecting to MySQL. Failover enacted.

and when I try to generate a backup from there, when I restore it I can't see the database...

I have over 300 accounts on that server, so.. transfering each account with its db etc.. will take me 48 hours nonstop.

Thanks

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It is possible to fix the issues with x86_64, but it takes a lot of effort to do so. Personally, I'm not sure it's worth it and would really recommend going over to a 32bit OS instead. An alternative route would be to:

1. Ask someone with x86_64 bit experience to help sort out those issues for you

2. Log the issues with cPanel through your cPanel license provider

Most of the issues can be resolved with a combination of installing the i386 binaries alongside the x86_64 ones and also some module symlinking between /usr/lib and the 64bit equivalent.

It does seem that 64bit Linux has a way to go before it can be classed as stable, IMO.

3. Frisk151

Frisk151 Member

I think you mean that cPanel has a ways to go before it can run stable in 64bit. Servers run great w/o it in 64 bit but I am facing the same pains as others trying to use cpanel w/it. Sad because I love cpanel but need the 64bit advantage as well.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

No, I do mean that 64bit has a long way to go. All the issues I've found are with poor rpm and application builds that don't properly attend to the 32bit and 64bit library directories. Nothing to do with cPanel in that respect. I'd be suprised whether, in a web hosting context, it makes that big a difference in perceived user performance between using a 32bit<>64bit version of the same OS.

5. TSJasonH

TSJasonH Active Member
    PartnerNOC

I'm in agreement with Chirpy here. The performance between the two arch's is nearly the same since the code is written for 32bit anyway. Most issues are spawned from code that is poorly written (at the system level, not cpanel's) making it difficult to recompile.

If you have specific problems with different aspect x86_64 why don't you open up seperate threads in the forums for each. More than likely people have found work-arounds for these problems and would be more willing to work with them one by one instead of in a giant smolding mass like above. It also makes reading a bit easier for people who are frantically trying to fix only certain issues ;)

6. jisha

jisha Registered

Sorry about this post

#6 jisha, Jan 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  7. calande2

calande2 Well-Known Member

Any update on CentOS 64 bit support? Is it better? What about FreeBSD 64 bit support? :)

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

cPanel support for CentOS x86_64 is mostly fine. However, you will still likely have problems with libraries, especially with perl modules from CPAN, which isn't anything to do with cPanel.

9. calande2

calande2 Well-Known Member

10. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

CentOS 4.4 86_64 is totally stable and is running cPanel wothout any issues.
    It seems the earlier versions of CentOS had the problems and since 4.4 its all ok

11. budway

budway Well-Known Member

What about RedHat E 64bit?

Any issues there?

12. WireNine

WireNine Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How is the performance?