cPanel 94 and Welcome to your new hosting account

andrewmoras

Feb 6, 2021
Remote
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hey,

It looks like cPanel 94 made a few changes to the UI for clients and changed the default order for the Sections (Email is before Files and Databases) and added a Welcome section with a new welcome screen that allows you to create an email account and pushing the "Site Publisher" in front. See attached screenshot.

As a hoster I don't want that and I'd like to remove the welcome screen and change back the order of the sections, like it was before, in cPanel 94. Anyone knows if it's possible to do this as I'm unable to find where to customise that.

Cheers!

Attachments

Reactions: Metro2

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! We've never actually assigned an order on that page as it can be moved around by dragging and rearranging the sections. It's possible they may have reset at some point, but each user gets their own file controlling this.

As far as the welcome screen, I do see that on new installations but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue when upgrading from 92 to 94 on two test machines just now. You can suppress this option with the following command:

Code:
uapi --user=username NVData set names=xmainwelcomedismissed xmainwelcomedismissed=1

andrewmoras

Feb 6, 2021
Remote
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hey there! We've never actually assigned an order on that page as it can be moved around by dragging and rearranging the sections. It's possible they may have reset at some point, but each user gets their own file controlling this.
Hey cPRex,

This happens on a fresh installation of cPanel 94, not during an install/upgrade so I thought this might be default for the new version. Ideally, I wouldn't want to see the order change for new customers along with old ones.

As far as the welcome screen, I do see that on new installations but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue when upgrading from 92 to 94 on two test machines just now. You can suppress this option with the following command:

Code:
uapi --user=username NVData set names=xmainwelcomedismissed xmainwelcomedismissed=1
This means that we'd need to build an extra hook that would run each time a new account is created. Wouldn't it be more simple that there's a control in WHM to enable/disable the "Welcome" section completely rather than mucking around with a post provisioning hook especially because it pushes some tools that are not really useful for everyone?

Thanks!

A

Reactions: Metro2 and mtindor

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@ffeingol and @andrewmoras - I would expect this to happen on a new installation, so that actually more makes sense to me when I thought this was happening as part of a server update.

The "build a website" link doesn't link to WordPress Toolkit, but goes to the Site Publisherwhich is outlined here:

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Awesome sauce! That was what I hoped it would do. Now I'll put the feature request in to allow us to customize the welcome section.

andrewmoras

Feb 6, 2021
Remote
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Awesome sauce! That was what I hoped it would do. Now I'll put the feature request in to allow us to customize the welcome section.
Can you please link it in here as well so that we can up vote it as well? Personally I'd like to be able to disable it completely because it messes up with our kb articles and everything that we've built with videos and screenshots.

Reactions: sneader and cPRex

sneader

Aug 21, 2003
La Crosse, WI
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I don't mind having Site Publisher available, but I do not want to PUSH people to use it! This is so confusing. C'mon, cPanel. Give us a way to disable this thing.

- Scott

Reactions: Metro2 and mtindor