cPanel 94 and Welcome to your new hosting account

blue928

Registered
Feb 7, 2021
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I added my support to be able to control the contents and visibility of the new Welcome area.

In the meantime, is there a way to create a custom features tab with a custom list of features? Basically I want to reorganize our most used / popular features just as cPanel is attempting to do with the new Welcome tab and display a set of features most relevant to our clients at the top (Add an email, Create a Wordpress site, knowledge base, etc). Is this possible, or do I have to create an entirely new theme? When I search for "Custom feature interface" information about changing the logo and other WHM area branding options are all that comes up, and that's not what I want.

Looking forward to having a Welcome area for new clients that we can customize, so excited to see that request and how this develops.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@stormy - at this time, no. The only thing I have to offer is to use the API call mentioned on page 1:

Code:
uapi --user=username NVData set names=xmainwelcomedismissed xmainwelcomedismissed=1
You can run that after the account gets created on the server, or you could create a custom hook to add that after account creation so it gets automatically applied to all future accounts that are created on your machine.

sneader

Aug 21, 2003
La Crosse, WI
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Has anyone been successful in automatically running the disable command via account creation hook? And, if so, are you willing to document the steps you took to make this work? (no experience with hooks)

- Scott