Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel Access Alert/Notification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vinayak, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Vinayak

Vinayak Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello All,

I was wondering if there's a solution to get email notification when some one login to their cPanel account.

Say an account owner want to receive alert when someone (developer, IT guy etc.) access successfully his/her cPanel account at 2082 0r 2083 port.

Like CSF sends a notification for WHM root access, something similar.

One method I am thinking of, is to write a script that will run as a daemon and watch /home/user/.lastlogin

Second is to parse /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log or /usr/local/cpanel/logs/login_log but access_log generates lot of lines when a login occurs and login_log does not seems to have cpanel login entry.

So what better suggestions/solution you guys/gals can provide?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

I think you will have to write shell script. There is no direct way. cPanel access_logs and login_log gives exact idea who logs in cPanel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...