The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Access Alternative to Finish Project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beehivews, Dec 26, 2014.

1. beehivews

beehivews Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have built a new website for a client in WordPress and require cpanel access to update all data on the new website accordingly. My client refuses to provide cpanel access because they had a mysql injection with tons of spam links on the website several months ago and are paranoid about providing access to anyone. I am at an impasse with my client because they refuse to provide access to cpanel. I shared an empty dropbox folder for them to share the files with me without jeopardizing the live website and they still refuse.

What can I do here to complete the website with the important information while respecting my clients privacy?

Please help. Thank you.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure what sort of data you need to update, you don't mention that. But, if you can't figure out a way to explain it to the owner of the site so they can add it themselves, and they don't want to give you access, nothing.

3. danrussell

danrussell Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi :),

If the website is built in Wordpress then you can ask the client to create a separate User for you so that you can access the Wordpress backend and update the website.

If still they are not comfortable, then nothing to do.