SteveD3

Jul 3, 2003
How can I allow access to Cpanel with a subdomain? I tried the user name(sub-name) and the ftp pass they have but its not working.

Anyone here mind pointing me at the right place for reading to figure this out?
Tried google, but it didnt help too much, only told me what I know which is that I can enter the main account user and pass and get right into the original cpanel screen

-Steve

mickalo

Apr 16, 2002
N.W. Iowa
Originally posted by SteveD3
How can I allow access to Cpanel with a subdomain? I tried the user name(sub-name) and the ftp pass they have but its not working.

Tried google, but it didnt help too much, only told me what I know which is that I can enter the main account user and pass and get right into the original cpanel screen

-Steve
not sure what the problem maybe, but we have a sub domain setup and can access the main domain Cpanel via the url:
http://subname.domain.com/cpanel/ with no problems

Mickalo

SarcNBit

Oct 14, 2003
Originally posted by SteveD3

-Steve
Subdomains do not get seperate cpanel logins.

If you want a seperate login, you need to create a seperate account using the complete domain name.