Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel Account Password - Query

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by billyboxer, Nov 10, 2013.

1. billyboxer

billyboxer Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to disable specific special character when creating cPanel account?
    I want to disable "@" character. I do have an Auto Installer Script (Softaculous) which uses User Authentication via the URL itself.

For Example:

If my user is: billyboxer and password is: b@xer111, then the URL will look like this:
    /https://billyboxer:b@xer111@my.domain.com:2083/frontend/x3/softaculous/index.live.php

Usually, this won't work because my password contains "@" character. The URL won't recognized the domain address and will give me this kind of error.

Code:
    getaddrinfo(3) failed for xer111@my.domain.com:2083
    Couldn't resolve host 'xer111@my.domain.com'
    Please advise.

Thank You.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

You can enter your own custom password to ensure that character is not used. However, it's not possible to modify the randomly generated passwords.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...