The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel::Accounting (Remote Access Keys)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Domenico, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Domenico

Domenico Well-Known Member

Can someone please tell me what this is all about?
    And what about the promised BILLING feature that was supposed to be in NOCSOFT?

I really want to know if there is going to be any integrated billing in the near feature because we wanted to wait for it but I'm not sure anymore since we hear nothing about NOCSOFT and now this.

I want CPANEL to program my billing module as promised! Otherwise who would have bought some third party solution long time ago.

I'm pissed a bit :(

2. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

Dude chill, I never heard anything about a promised integrated billing system.

But now you can write your own using the cpanel::Accounting module for PERL... call the correct API's from this module (VERY EASY TO DO) and the system automatically creates the account for you...

3. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:8eec6859c0][i:8eec6859c0]Originally posted by Domenico[/i:8eec6859c0]

Can someone please tell me what this is all about?
    And what about the promised BILLING feature that was supposed to be in NOCSOFT?

I really want to know if there is going to be any integrated billing in the near feature because we wanted to wait for it but I'm not sure anymore since we hear nothing about NOCSOFT and now this.

I want CPANEL to program my billing module as promised! Otherwise who would have bought some third party solution long time ago.

I'm pissed a bit :([/quote:8eec6859c0]

Cpanel is not NocSOFT.. NocSOFT is a completly diffrent company and cpanel really has nothing to do with NocSOFT. I don't recall ever promising integrated billing. I do recall mentioning that we _might_ add it, but never promised it. I personally don't think cpanel should handle billing of customers.

4. Domenico

Domenico Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not crazy and the people at Burst told me Cpanel would turn to NOCSOFT. And that was supposed to happen in summer 2001. Everybody knows that Cpanel was going to be turned into NOCSOFT and now I hear they are completely different things :(

Can someone please fill me in on this?

5. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

The remote access key is for using third party billing solutions.

6. TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE

TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE Well-Known Member

RAK

What billing systems is this for?

Ed