The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel accounts, server to server transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AndyB78, Oct 25, 2003.

1. AndyB78

AndyB78 Active Member

Hello!

I would need a solution for the next issue.

Problem
    I have a very slow connection and a big quantity of sites to move in a very short time from a cPanel server to anoter (from a reseller account to another). I have only partial shell.

Partial solution
    I have made an entire backup of a site remote (through the remote backup feature). Now I have on the other server a tarred and zipped dir. After untaring and unzipping I am left with a directory that among other things contains the home dir, the email accounts, dbs, settings. I have copied the contents of the homedir on my /home/user_name dir recursively (that provided what it seems to be a valid copy of the public_html and mail dirs).

Current issues
    No way to copy the dbs in the /var/lib/mysql dir (permission problem), the same with the shadow file, there is a mysql file which appears to be a db with cPanel settings and data. There are probably other things that I have missed.

Question
    Is there any way to send everything to it's place out from the backup dir (to do it auitomatically, not manually)? Is there any cPanel script that would do that? I have noticed that there are a lot of aditional scripts for cPanel...

Any other better solution to move sites directly beetwen servers?

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Andy B.

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear AndyB78,

In Web Host Manager(WHM) there is options for transfering site from one server to other. In
    WHM->Transfers, you can find the option for account transfer. You can transfer one by one or multi account atonce. This may help you to solve the problem.

Regards,

3. AndyB78

AndyB78 Active Member

WHM transfer

Hello!

Thank you for answering!

I thought you need root acces and I don't have root. Was I wrong?

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Andrei B.