The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel - Addon Domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wsjb78, Dec 28, 2002.

1. wsjb78

wsjb78 Member

Hiya,

I just got a new account on another webhost using CPanel 5.3 and I think it's lacking some basic functionality: ADDON DOMAINS BEING ADDED IMMEDIATELY

The problem is as followed: I can't add any addon domains as long the nameserver info hasn't changed if I try the they will just be added as subdomains. How comes so? That is really stupid. How am I supposed to conduct a smooth domain transfer from one registrar to another one?

If I register a new domain can't also add them to CPanel directly?

I really wonder what the reason is for such a system? I mean H-Sphere allows to do that, Ensim allows to do that.

wsjb78

2. wsjb78

wsjb78 Member

Hmmm,

my contact person at the host was surprised by that either and called upon the CPanel support. However none of CPanel Support Team did notice any setting that will do that.

I have another host also with CPanel 5.3 and I can't add there domains directly either.

Are you sure the host can set that?

wsjb78

3. wsjb78

wsjb78 Member

Hiya, thanks for that reply. I'll point that out ot my host.

Btw, is it by default turned off?

4. wsjb78

wsjb78 Member

Ok, another problem:

well I tried to setup domains with that Tweak not turned on. So some DNS info got added to the nameservers (I guess). Now I removed them because they were only entered as subdomains!!!

However now is that Tweak thing turned on and when I try to add now any of the previous domains I get an error:

Addon Domain Addition

You must specify a password. Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!
    The subdomain, DOMAIN.COM.MAINDOMAIN.COM has been added.
    Nameserver ips for DOMAIN.COM are: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Sorry, a DNS entry for DOMAIN.COM already exists, please delete it first

DOMAIN.COM has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain DOMAIN.COM.MAINDOMAIN.COM . Ftp access has been granted with the username DOMAIN.COM and the password .

How comes that those DNS entries weren't automatically removed when I did remove the subdomains from CPanel?

5. wsjb78

wsjb78 Member

well, on two hosts the dns entries are not being deleted!