The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel advise needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mtl514, Jul 30, 2011.

1. mtl514

mtl514 Registered

Hi,

This is Sam, from Montreal Canada.
    I currently run a couple of e-commerce website in which im using cpanel. My current host is godaddy, on a shared plan and which to migrate to a dedicated server, to a different host.

The cpanel i use to control functions in my site, is it the same type of cpanel that will be used to admin the dedicated server ? The Cpanel im using now seems to be free, how come for a dedicated server cpanel, a certification is required ?

Any help is appreciated.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hey Sam,

I do believe godaddy has their own panel, but also offer cPanel. I don't believe there is any way to migrate from a godaddy panel to cPanel. cPanel is for managing your site(s). WHM is used for managing the server and all cPanel accounts.

Feel free to demo WHM/cPanel here: Demo - cPanel Inc.

3. mtl514

mtl514 Registered

You're right, on goddady im running their version of panel... On another site hosted in india, im using cpanel admin end.

Im thinking of moving my site out of godaddy into a swedish host, where they dont sell cpanel certificates...
    What's the best/cheapest way to get hold of a cpanel certificate ?

thx

4. GatorJoshD

GatorJoshD Registered

Honestly, your best bet is to signup for a shared hosting, vps, or dedicated hosting plan based out of the United States.

I know most US based hosting companies offer cPanel for free or at little cost.

If you wish to continue with the Swedish hosting, you can google for cpanel licenses.