Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cpanel and DNS server

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by WebRuss, Jan 20, 2007.

1. WebRuss

WebRuss Registered

Hi

I have 2 dns servers that are NOT cpanel. They are good old centos boxes running named. How can I get the cpanel boxes to play nice and update the dns servers when I create a new account?

Regards
    Russ

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You would have to setup a traditional master/slave DNS configuration, which means that you'll have to add new zones yourself to the slaves unless you write a script to do that for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WebRuss

WebRuss Registered

Cpanel and DNS part Deux

Chirpy

Thanks for your reply. I was not quite correct in what I said. Let me explain. I have a cpanel DNS server that is right now the MASTER dns server. I have a NON-cpanel dns server that is new and is the SLAVE. However the MASTER DNS Cpanel server will not talk to the SLAVE non-cpanel DNS server.

My eventual goal is to eliminate the cpanel MASTER dns server and reload it with a NON-cpanel dns server.

For right now I would like to get the SLAVE (non-cpanel) to capture everyting on the MASTER (cpanel) so that I can take the MASTER offline and reload it.

Can you help me understand what I need to do so that this will work?

Regards
    Russ