The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel and Freebsd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbix9, Apr 29, 2003.

1. jbix9

jbix9 Member

For the people using Cpanel on Freebsd, did your datacenter or you personally install it? I ask this because I have run into many problems trying to install. Sometime the install hangs and I start all over causing my installation to have lots of bugs and corruptions. Why ever time mysql never starts up? Sometimes I have gotten these stop error codes but the installation keeps going. I wonder if this is the problem. I tried to manually remove Cpanel and start over but I ended up deleting an important system file and now my OS is wrecked and I have to get a restore. I can't keep paying for restores! I'm in the middle of my test license and don't want to go back to boring Plesk but least it installs clean. Any of you have advice how to make this go more smoothly.

2. rhood

rhood Well-Known Member

Have you considered using RedHat instead? I know a lot of people prefer FreeBSD (myself included actually), however CPanel seems to run best on RedHat systems.

3. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

We loaded it on a fresh full install of Freebsd 4.7 .
    Went without a hitch. Scared the hell out of us as it seemed to do EVERYTHING on its own and was done in about an hour. We had customers up on it the next day and we have upgraded Cpanel regularly without a hitch.

We started with 5.3 and are now running the lastest RELEASE.

If only HELM or Command Matrix were this easy on Windows........

4. PcGN|CLuBBeR

PcGN|CLuBBeR Member
    PartnerNOC

well im running also FreeBSD but my admin/noc installed it for me cause i don't got a clue how to install it. What i do no when it runs....... it runs very very sweet :D