frattura40

Registered
Oct 1, 2020
Illinois
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I use Cpanel through Godaddy. I usually access my wordpress backend through there. The link wasn't in CPanel even though the site was still running. I went and reinstalled Wordpress through their Installatron. During the reinstall process I noticed the admin email field was filled out to "saidhacke23" and a domain but normally its populated with the server email address. Also when I tried to use Backup, the same email was pre-populated. Every time I used backup, I always have to enter my address.. the fields in both places were blank. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?
Thanks

frattura40

Registered
Oct 1, 2020
Illinois
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi @frattura40,

This sounds very strange and unusual.

Have you reached out to the GoDaddy support team?
Yes I did. They didn't have a clear answer either, but they said I could pay for an added security. Normally, theres a server email address that points to my email address, which populates the field. I think this is a security issue with godaddy. I shouldn't have to pay for it.

Reactions: ZenHostingTravis

cPanelLauren

Product Owner II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
is your email address added to cPanel>>Preferences>>Contact Information? If so I would suggest contacting your provider again to have them look into the issue further as populating the field with information not relevant to your account isn't beneficial.

frattura40

Registered
Oct 1, 2020
Illinois
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
is your email address added to cPanel>>Preferences>>Contact Information? If so I would suggest contacting your provider again to have them look into the issue further as populating the field with information not relevant to your account isn't beneficial.
I have since looked at my contact information and that unknown email address was there. I changed it, and now my email address populates. Somehow "Contact Information" was changed. I not sure how but it seems like a security breach. Thanks for your time and help on this.

Reactions: ZenHostingTravis