The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel and IE 6.0 Trouble

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BuffaloWeb, Jul 11, 2003.

1. BuffaloWeb

BuffaloWeb Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever come across this problem? One of my clients is unable to view or log in to their CPanel on any of their PC's. Basically, if they try going to www.domainname.com/cpanel (or www.domain.com:2082/etc...), they get the "page cannot be found" screen.

I am not sure of which build of IE 6.0 it is, but I have read some posts that hint that there might be some problems with IE 6.0 and CPanel. I am also wondering if their ISP could somehow be blocking the scripts.

I fiddled with some of the "Use TLS 1.0", etc, settings but no luck. I have not yet had a chance to change their theme to see if that helps (I am using xskins), though I recall seeing a post here mentioning that as an alternative to something similar.

Anyone have a clue on this? Just doesn't make sense to me...

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. casey

casey Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with ie6. Your customer is behind a firewall that is blocking port 2082. Before I stick my foot in my mouth, though, this customer has never been able to log in from those computers, right?

3. BuffaloWeb

BuffaloWeb Well-Known Member

Yes, as far as I know - they were just set up last month, and this is probably the first that they tried logging in (I do most of the maintenance for them).

Is there a way I can confirm this, and assuming this were true, what can I do about it? I don't manage their networks, so I'm guessing that I'd have to ask their ISP to unblock it for them?

BTW, thanks for the quick reply! :)

4. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

5. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Well, the firewall could be on their computer or it could be set up on the ISP. First ask the customer whether they have a firewall on their computer (they may not realize that they do, so ask them if they have installed anti-virus software). If they do, tell them to make sure that the port is open. If it's their ISP, tell them to contact their ISP and ask what needs to be done. If all else fails, point them to
    http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html

6. casey

casey Well-Known Member

True. I forgot about that.

7. sqsisa

sqsisa Well-Known Member

Casey is right on with the firewalling. Do you know if they are trying for home with a PC on dial-up, dsl or cable? These should not be a problem. My guess is either soft firewall on the PC or they are trying to access it from within a network. I run NT servers and I have my proxies crunched down real tight. People call me at work wondering why they cannot access this or that all the time. Simple - only 21 and 80 can come into my network. And they are remapped.