The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel and Namecheap DNS Integration Issue

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by JohnHattForums, Aug 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohnHattForums

JohnHattForums Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello cPanel Users!

My name is John Hatt. I am an IT student and have been working with site builders and sub-domains like Weebly for a long time. I have a very basic understanding of html and other programming languages but catch on very fast; though normally through trial and error.

I recently purchased a domain name as recommended by many online web hosts, from Namecheap.com with the value hosting services and found the process much different than what was expected. I have begun using cPanel and kept all my DNS configurations along with many others the same as the default. The issue I am experiencing is being able to compose a blog and/or website that people can visit using my domain. The mapping services all cost money and there seems to be an issue on Namecheap.com's end as far as nameservers (I have no clue where to begin) and being able to configure a usable blog script.

I mainly want to develop a dynamic blog that I can utilize as a content website also for personal and professional networking as I begin furthering my education in IT and server administration. I understand that filesystems are complex but I figured there would be some drag-n-drop features for a paid website hosting service to build the layout and an incomplete website with my paid custom domain.

If anyone could help me then you would be a lifesaver! Thanks to anyone in advance.
    Sincerely, John Hatt.

#1 JohnHattForums, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Unclear on what this comment means exactly. According to the namecheap website, softaculous is included with their hosting plans. You can use that for installing a blog or a website with a few clicks.

Have you spoken with namecheap about this at all? I think I'd start there, instead of here, to be honest. :)

3. JohnHattForums

JohnHattForums Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for the reply and I believe the problem was on Namecheap's end because their servers were down for emergency maintenance all day. I was using softaculous but it was not installing properly because of some KB method I received by email from Namecheap detailing what to change on their end. Again thank you.

Infopro likes this.
  4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Happy to hear you're up and going again.