The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel and ssl login

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by net4me, Dec 18, 2007.

1. net4me

net4me Active Member

is it possible to configure the login of cpanel with SSL certificate, so users do not get everytime:"There is a problem with this website's security certificate." So user would login with their own-domain:2083 and login without warning. I mean that 1 ssl will work for all user login of coarse.

2. kkargel

kkargel Active Member

The answer is to purchase an SSL cert from a certificate authority and install it.

3. a2b2c2d

a2b2c2d Registered

In the event you dont want to purchase a certificate for every use just so they dont have to see that warning, is there another solution?

I found the following post on another forum. Is this work and is there a better way to do it:

http://forums.theplanet.com/index.php?showtopic=87661

4. kkargel

kkargel Active Member

5. a2b2c2d

a2b2c2d Registered

I see. Will the solution in the link I posted work as well because that seems cheap and less work for us and the clients. Does that post even do what I am trying to do? Thanks for the super fast response!

6. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

If you purchase the SSL certificate for a specific domain on the server, you can redirect users to that domain by making sure the following option in WHM >> Tweak Settings is selected:

When visiting /cpanel or /whm or /webmail with SSL, you can choose to redirect to:
    (X) SSL Certificate Name

This will bring all users to the domain when they type in theirdomain.com/cpanel. If your hosting company's domain is on that box, just redirect them to your domain as it's a domain they trust. If not, you can put a subdomain of your hosting company's domain on that box like server1246.myhostingcompany.com and get an SSL cert for the subdomain.

7. Peoplespaces

Peoplespaces Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How do you redirect to a specific domain? It tried this and it did not work.

#7 Peoplespaces, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  8. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

Are you trying to redirect all SSL visitors to a specific domain on the server? Make sure that domain's SSL certificate is installed for cPanel/WHM/Webmail under Service Configuration >> Manage Service SSL Certificates

and that the following option is selected in Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings:

When visiting /cpanel or /whm or /webmail with SSL, you can choose to redirect to:
    (X) SSL Certificate Name