The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel and WHM with quicktime streaming support

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by toxit, Oct 10, 2003.

1. toxit

toxit Member

hi there i would like to know if there is a module that can install a quicktime streaming server that is seen in the cpanel so user can configure the settings but controlled through the WHM so i can switch the streaming support on and off. please let me know

best wishes
    Anton Sutterlueti

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. wills

wills Well-Known Member

I've wanted the same thing for a while now. I even asked them as a feature request but no answer...

3. gsbe

gsbe Active Member

quicktime streaming server installation

Has anyone installed the Darwin Streaming Server on a box with CPanel/WHM? I'm having trouble and would like some help.

The server has installed and I am able to view the admin page. I have set the media directory to '/home/', is this the correct location for a standard CPanel/WHM installation? I want all websites to be able to stream with the QTSS as a hosting feature.

Help? I will pay $ for quick help if you can prove that you have an installation up and running on a CPanel/WHM server.

Thanks,
    Graham

4. wills

wills Well-Known Member

Yeah, you might want to ask William at cpskins.com to see if he would create the installer for you. Of course this would be something that he would charge you for.

5. tomakaze

tomakaze Member

Darwin Streaming Server

I've been trying to push this feature forward for a little while now, and it just seems to me the cPanel developers are not into this at all, though I, and evidentily many others are quite interested.

There was a poll I started under the WHM section, a while ago, and with a burst of recent activity was getting some positive feedback from users, but not so much from cpanel staff. Last time I checked there were 3 positive comments and a vote of 22 - 10 in favour of it = apx 68%

Then a funny thing happened after I took a lot of time to post some very technical information about the solution for the problem... THEY DELETED IT! :mad:

I don't know what to say about that, except that it deflates all my efforts that have had the good of all in mind, and I will from now on direct my efforts in a more selfish manner.

I myself currently have Darwin 5 installed on my server, and after a special configuration to apache, it works fine even listening on port 80. The problem is that cPanel can not accept one IP not being listened by apache, even though it would otherwise be a perfectly normal situation.

Here is a bug report I sent a long time ago to the development team.

http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=1515

#5 tomakaze, Dec 7, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2004