tintin

Jan 22, 2006
I have a question... I need know if cpanel is for user panel and whm is for manange an account ?

Thank you

brianoz

Mar 13, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
What Lytekk means is, ask in understandable english and you might get an actual answer!

If you're asking, is WHM for managing the server, yes it is. Usually users get access to their cpanel, which is used as a user control panel. Only administrators get access to WHM, and WHM is used for administering the server and the user accounts.

HH-Steven

Aug 29, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
brianoz said:
What Lytekk means is, ask in understandable english and you might get an actual answer!

Firstly, not everyone has english as there first language so theres no need to be rude to someone whos either foreign or might have some form of dyslexia.

I undertood what he was asking perfectly.

brianoz said:
If you're asking, is WHM for managing the server, yes it is. Usually users get access to their cpanel, which is used as a user control panel. Only administrators get access to WHM, and WHM is used for administering the server and the user accounts.
Incorrect.

WHM is not just for administrators or managing the server, it can be used for a variety of reasons mainly resellers or people who like to like to have a central panel for controlling multiple domans without the need for x amount of logins.

brianoz

Mar 13, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm sorry, there was no intention to be rude. I just had difficulty understanding the question until I re-read it about 4 times. The problem with that in a public, english-speaking forum is simple - one's questions don't get answered, or don't get the answers they deserve. I think pointing that out is actually helpful; sorry if it came across in an unhelpful or insulting way, it wasn't meant that way. It's worth noting that I was the first person to actually be respectful enough to answer his question.

And, for WHM, my answer was correct, if perhaps a little simplistic. WHM is an administrative tool. It's used for administering the server and/or its accounts. "Resellers" can be given WHM access which (generally) allows them to administer their assigned accounts only, and (unless given root permissions) they don't get to administer the server admin parts of WHM.

Lyttek

Jan 2, 2004
Actually, what I meant was "yes", but the forums require at least 10 characters in a reply or post, so the "yes" got converted to "ummmm.... yup"

:)