The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel and WMH

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tintin, Apr 14, 2006.

1. tintin

tintin Member

I have a question... I need know if cpanel is for user panel and whm is for manange an account ?

Thank you

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

ummm.... yup.

3. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What Lytekk means is, ask in understandable english and you might get an actual answer!

If you're asking, is WHM for managing the server, yes it is. Usually users get access to their cpanel, which is used as a user control panel. Only administrators get access to WHM, and WHM is used for administering the server and the user accounts.

4. HH-Steven

HH-Steven Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Firstly, not everyone has english as there first language so theres no need to be rude to someone whos either foreign or might have some form of dyslexia.

I undertood what he was asking perfectly.

Incorrect.

WHM is not just for administrators or managing the server, it can be used for a variety of reasons mainly resellers or people who like to like to have a central panel for controlling multiple domans without the need for x amount of logins.

5. sumith

sumith Well-Known Member

6. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm sorry, there was no intention to be rude. I just had difficulty understanding the question until I re-read it about 4 times. The problem with that in a public, english-speaking forum is simple - one's questions don't get answered, or don't get the answers they deserve. I think pointing that out is actually helpful; sorry if it came across in an unhelpful or insulting way, it wasn't meant that way. It's worth noting that I was the first person to actually be respectful enough to answer his question.

And, for WHM, my answer was correct, if perhaps a little simplistic. WHM is an administrative tool. It's used for administering the server and/or its accounts. "Resellers" can be given WHM access which (generally) allows them to administer their assigned accounts only, and (unless given root permissions) they don't get to administer the server admin parts of WHM.

7. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Actually, what I meant was "yes", but the forums require at least 10 characters in a reply or post, so the "yes" got converted to "ummmm.... yup"

:)

8. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I understood the question and the answer perfectly fine. And I have had to add to the response due to the 10 char limit also:D

9. tintin

tintin Member

thanks guys