The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel And Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by swampy, Jun 30, 2007.

1. swampy

swampy Well-Known Member

I have been having problems sending mail to Yahoo mail from my box after filling in several forms and constant email to and from yahoo I have been informed that yahoo will not do anything because I am using a shared server with only 1 mail server shared between multiple clients.

when my server tries to send email to Yahoo it is taking up to 48 hrs to leave my box

I think it is about time that all cpanel users stand up to the likes of Yahoo and block all mail to and from yahoo mail and cpanel should try to figure out some way of sorting this out
    my customers all operate opt - in news letters in the proper way but it does not matter to the likes of Yahoo if you manage your server the best way possible as if it is shared with many users your email will not go to yahoo.

Please can someone help me I need to be able to block incoming and out going mail to Yahoo and BTyahoo mail if they don't want to play ball neither do I

Letter from Yahoo

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mail.

We cannot systematically exempt your mailings from our Spam Guard technology since the IP address of the server appears to be a shared domain mail host and have multiple clients sending email. We will maintain the current information in our database as it is configured.
    This allows delivery of your mailings to oscillate between the Inbox and the Bulk Mail folder as Yahoo! users choose.

Please keep in mind that our Spam Guard technology will continually monitor user feedback pertaining to emails coming from your mail server(s), and as such, the user feedback we receive will be one of the factors that influence where your emails are most appropriately delivered. Our studies have indicated that when users see messages incorrectly categorized, they notify us within hours of delivery.

I need to block them with a bounce that says something along the lines of
    " Due to Yahoo thinking that they can rule the internet and force small hosting companies out of business with their spam guard your email has been blocked if you really want to contact this person please use another email E.g Hotmail or Gmail"

Thank you
    Mark

#1 swampy, Jun 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  2. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I had problems with Yahoo in the past, but I filled out their forms, and it works great now! I never had another problem since. That has been a couple years.

Hotmail on the other hand.... Impossible to deal with them! My mail always goes to their spam box until the user mails back or whitelists me.

3. expedio

expedio Active Member

Add spf records for your domains, set RDNS and make sure your IP is not listed on spam database. This helps with mail delivery on yahoo and windows live.

4. swampy

swampy Well-Known Member

Hi
    I have had this box for over 2 years with no problems i already have all the above and it has been working with no problems

spf and rdns all correct this just all started around the end of May i never have any problems with any of the othe big boys hotmail gmail aol just yahoo.

Yahoo have told me that because i use a shared ip for my box that is why i am having this problem they do not allow a shared ip to send out email for multiple domains.

not a problem i can give all my customers an ip address but that still does not stop the email going out on the shared ip mail server.

I am at a loss.

THanks
    Mark

5. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    If you are running current you can install domain keys on a user's account by running

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/domain_keys_installer <user>

Not there is no uninstall or way to manage them at this point.

6. thomas

thomas Well-Known Member

Thanks Nick, sounds great.

Just in case, is it possible to manually uninstall it, if so, what would be the steps to take?

Thomas

7. swampy

swampy Well-Known Member

That sounds great but what user do i use for the main mail server server.domain.com would it be root or do i have to install on all accounts on the server that send to yahoo.

Thank you Nick

Mark

8. richardh68

richardh68 Member

on top of swampy's question... do you have to do any edits to exim's config? is it still buggy??
    Thanks

9. richardh68

richardh68 Member

when trying to do it. i get this error

Domain keys are not installed on this machine. at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/domain_keys_installer line 20.

even though it showed up in my update log lastnight

10. richardh68

richardh68 Member

Are their any dependencies that could cause the install to fail?

11. diggz

diggz Registered

Bump for an answer.

12. 5stars

5stars Active Member

I would have intrest for a union, it would be pay back time, if people would just gather a bit and make a stand by doing the same as yahoo and hotmail does it would be something I tell you.
    I also use shared ips for the domains on the server, and I don't see what the problem is, since no one has complanined before and no one marked the mail comming from my server as spam then I don't see the problem.
    First it was rdns , and every one understood, now it's domain keys and shared ips, what is next ?
    I guess this is their way of hurting us , the small ones, I already made a statement when users register with me :mad: please avoid free e-mail service such as yahoo and hotmail.
    Next we will hear things like your ping TLT was not fast enough or your server is sending too many e-mails.

#12 5stars, Jul 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  13. ike

ike Well-Known Member

i too have had problems with hotmail. i havent really looked into yahoo. i put a disclaimer in my FAQ regarding free mail servers and to look in your junk bin if you use hotmail. even tho my spf and rdns are all correct it doesnt help. i too share one ip among many mail servers.

14. kenhawkins

kenhawkins Member

domain_keys_installer not installed?

On my cpanel I do not have the domain_keys_installer how can i update/install the script to begin with?

thanks,
    kmen;

15. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

Login to your server using SSH (i think you must be as root) and put this command :

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/domain_keys_installer <user>

Done!

16. kenhawkins

kenhawkins Member

You misunderstand me. i have no file named;

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/domain_keys_installer

in otherwords my V11 has no 'domain_keys_installer' script to run

ken;

17. Bluesplinter

Bluesplinter Registered

Add my vote for this info, please. :) How can we configure this for the hostname, so automated mails sent by the server will use domain keys?

18. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

What version is your cpanel ? I use latest current and the file is there.

19. joickle

joickle Registered

I am also looking for the answer to this :)