The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Apache 2.x support released?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by dicen, Oct 14, 2007.

1. dicen

dicen Member

WTF? Has hell frozen over? Has Jesus Christ returned? Are we now in the "end times" (as according to Revelations). Does Captain Kirk have a beard in this Universe? Is Scotty not dead? Are the polar ice caps melting (wait...)? Is Daniel Jackson teaching English to immigrants? Is Samantha Carter not in the Air Force?

What is going on here?

dicen

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

yep ..sure enough about a year ago many of us starting using it. now the rest of you can.

3. dicen

dicen Member

Man did I speak too soon. I just tried my first build.

[easyapache3] Build Failure: Build id: 1192498342. Report id: 453946

Nope. It doesn't work. Move along. And, I have the simplest configuration without PHP.

dicen

4. dicen

dicen Member

Well, since Cpanel emailed me right away to fix this problem (maybe they read this post, I don't know). I suppose I better follow up.

For some reason I had a link in /usr/local/apache.

build -> ../../usr/lib/httpd/build

Once that was removed EA built fine. I now have Apache 2.2 running with worker threads. But, you know what? My VPS has a numproc limit of 400. That limit applies to threads too! So, I gained nothing from this upgrade. Sure, it may serve a little faster. But, I am still limited to the exact same number of concurrent users. I complained to my provider about this.

dicen