The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel backup bugs

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by shopcentar, Nov 15, 2009.

1. shopcentar

shopcentar Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Hi cPanel,

many of your users have notice that backup are not 100% safe as was used in old versions.

first bug:
    - account that have overqouta example 50MB created web space and used 50MB or more 55MB cannot restored with all files.

So accout are restored but many files come with 0Kb and that files are empty.

second bug, and you now very well for that bug...
    - some file does not get in account backup files becouse files permissions.

Question for you cPanel?
    How to explain my client that backup is not complete?
    How to explain my client many files come with 0Kb?

And why you cPanel in your advertisements do not have to pubilshed...
    we "have a backup" but not working 100% under these and these conditions!

Please dont tell me that I will get ban for this post..
    I am very pleased with your services and cpanel.

Do you have answers for that or maybe fix?

Best Regards,
    Sasa R.
  2. jrianto

jrianto Active Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Hi Sasa,
    I would recommend submitting a support ticket to cPanel support to help you troubleshoot these issues.

I don't see any significant problem with cPanel backups as I am working on it on a daily basis.
  3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This is not a bug -- the account is over the disk quota; therefore, it is impossible to write new data owned by that user account, and that is why some files may be empty, because the file system quota limit was reached for the user account and new data owned by that user could not be written. The System Administrator performing the restore action must ensure the user account has sufficient disk space before restoring.

This is not a bug -- the files involved have incorrect ownership and or incorrect access permissions. Correcting ownership and access permissions of content within hosted accounts is the responsibility of the Systems Administration team that manages the server.