The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel backup load issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SantoshS, Mar 20, 2012.

1. SantoshS

SantoshS Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We have a shared server, when ever cPanel backup process starts it utilizes most of the server resources resulting the apache services to stop. cPanel backup process takes up most of the server resources. Can any one provide us any information on resolving this situation.

2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Make sure the backup task is configured to run on server off-peak hours! Configure incremental backup, which will reduce the backup overhead a bit; but this wil consume more disk space. Do you see high IO wait while the backup? If so consider a dedicated drive for backup.

Thank you,
    Nibin.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can also ensure the load threshold is set to a lower value under the "Stats and Logs" tab in:

"WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings"

The name of the option is called "Extra CPUs for server load". If the server load goes above this threshold, then services such as cpbackup will stop running until the load goes back down.

Thank you.

4. luigidelgado

luigidelgado Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    What happens if I have RAID 1 Disks? Is it a factor to have high load while backing up? I dont see the high load normal.

Normal High Traffic load avobe average can go around index 4 or 5 in my server, normal high peak traffic around 2.5... But with R1 Soft high speed off site @4am (almost zero traffic) load goes all the way to 10-12 for about 20 minutes.

I just read somebody asking if I had RAID 1... Makes me wonder if that has something to be with those heavily high loads.