Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel backup logs location?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Charlick, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Charlick

Charlick Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing a minor problem on the server i manage.

I'm doing some test of backups to google drive for little websites and non critical informations. I usually use Amazon S3 but i'm starting to have to much data going to S3 and i'm trying to improve and optimize my data management.

So, as i said, i'm doing some test and this I did 3 backups on my server, a local one, a S3 one and a Google Drive one. The process went fine, all my backups worked but i can't find thes logs of the google backup. I checked /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup_transporter and only find the S3 backup, not the google one.

I found in another thread this path : /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup but the bpbackup file is nowhere to be found.

I checked my error logs and all went fine in the end. So my problem is not the backups themselves, but i have no track of the process

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Charlick

All backup transports are stored to
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup_transporter.log
    If you don't see the transport being acknowledged there I'd wager it didn't take place.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Charlick

Charlick Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It didn't take place? The backup process? Well that's odd because my daily backup went fine, they are on Amazon S3 and Google Drive and it was the first time for Google Drive, all my accounts are there fully transfered.

Got another backup this night, all went fine, transfer to Amazon went great, transfer to Google Drive went great, but still no track of it on logs.

Well, at least it works, guess i will let them be.

#3 Charlick, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019