The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel Backup not saving settings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JMichael, Apr 28, 2004.

1. JMichael

JMichael Registered

Jul 30, 2003
    Everytime I set the options in the Configure Backup to remote ftp and save I get this after hitting save:

Only accounts can be backed up over ftp. The configuration file backup option has been turned off.
    Backup Configuration Saved!

The settings are attached to the link below. The remote server settings are X'd out but are set correctly

I have it set to backup accounts and sql set to per account but i dont know why i am getting the error above.

I really would apreciate any help, my server is not being backed up and I have 50 sites on it. It would be drastic to have something happen with no backup. I recently took this server over, so that is why i need to get something setup to start backing up.

What am I doing wrong?

Attached Files:

2. Miss Jacky

Miss Jacky Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2004
    I'm with you, I'm also *very* interested in finding out how I can backup my server config to a remote server. I've been browsing and searching this forum... but can't seem to find an appropiate sollution.

Anyone? Any response greatly appreciated.