The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel backup of MySQL database fails

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hostseeker, Jun 13, 2004.

1. hostseeker

hostseeker Well-Known Member

I use Cpanel backup with the remote backup enabled to back up nightly from one server to another.

Almost everynight I get a failure on a large (150MB) MySQL database for an Invision Bulletin Board with the following error:

Grabbing mysql dbs.../usr/bin/mysqldump: Error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when dumping table `ibf_posts` at row: 117189
    (it fails at different points within the database each night)

I have been using the remote Cpanel backup without errors for several months. This has only started happening within the past few weeks. Is Cpanel working on a fix for this?

Any ideas of what to do in the meantime? I really need the remote backup of the MySQL database.

2. hostseeker

anyone? I am desperate to get this backup problem resolved.

3. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

have you tried running the backups manually from the command line, using mysqldump?? Check the mysql log files, the error log, main log,..etc.. they should be in the /var/lib/mysql folder. My need to optimize your my.cnf file.

Mickalo

4. hostseeker

Mickalo,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I should have mentioned I am using RHE 3.0.

I found something here that may help me:

http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=280

Anyway I ran /scripts/updatenow and will see if it works tonight..

Also I reinstalled the original my.cnf file and restarted mysql.

I had already"optimized" mysql several months ago, but just wanted to put the original my.cnf file back to see if it has a bearing.

There are no error logs in /var/lib/mysql so I couldn't look there. The error was reported in my original post where it says "lost connection fo Mysql server during query ...."

I think the error is somehow related to the Cpanel back up process. I have done mysqldump before without errors, I will try it again it tonight's backup does not work properly.

5. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

Ok, I read back through your original post... your using remote backups... missed that,... may have a bearing on it also.

Mickalo

6. dunno

dunno Active Member

I started having these problems recently as well, even when running the backup through ssh.