The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel backup problems

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by fahl, Aug 20, 2008.

1. fahl

fahl Member

Used cpanel backup,backup file was in root/usr/

Backup started ok but i hadnt realised that i needed to delete account first so iy stopped on a n already exists error.
    Removed account & tried again only to find that backup file no longer exists,has cpanel deleted it??
    Hope not because it is only copy i have

2. MaestriaNick

MaestriaNick Well-Known Member

how did you create the backup ? from capnel to the homedirectory ? in that case you will lost the file , as home directory will be deleted when you delete the account.

Cpanel creates the backup from the account present there. so, if you delete the account before cpanel actually create a backup, backup for that account not be created. You should have make sure that backup is created before deleting the account.

3. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Not sure what you were doing here as creating a backup wouldn't give you an "already exists" error as far as I can think.

If you were restoring, where were you restoring from?

4. hbidad

hbidad Well-Known Member

To me it sounds like he created a backup and attempted a restore, but the domain already existed. So he terminated the account and the backup was no longer there.

When Cpanel extracts a backup, it moves the backup to a cprestore directory. check to see if /root/cprestore exists. I'm sure you will find the backup listed. Simply move it back to /root and restore. FYI, you could have ran /scripts/restorepkg --force username to override the halt if the account already existed.