The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Backup Unable to send File to ftp

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Just-hosted, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Just-hosted

Just-hosted Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    having an issue with Cpanel Backup, the backup completes but fails to send all the files to my ftp server.

at first I thought It was the Maximum destination timeout since a couple of accounts are fairly large but I upped that to something like 6hours and I am even seeing very small accounts have the same issue failing within an hour or so..

here is the error I'm seeing in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup_transporter.log it does this 3 times and then it moves on.

Code:
    [2016-06-08 06:57:46 -0400] warn [cpbackup_transporter] Upload attempt failed: Couldn't write to remote file: Failure at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/LoggerAdapter.pm line 27.
    	Cpanel::LoggerAdapter::warn(Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x3636018), "Upload attempt failed: Couldn't write to remote file: Failure") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 492
    	Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup::attempt_to_upload_file(Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup=HASH(0x3e5c2c0), Cpanel::Transport::Files::SFTP=HASH(0x48d3788), "/home/backup/2016-06-08/accounts/ACCOUNTBACKUP.tar.gz", "/home/backup/2016-06-08/ACCOUNTBACKUP.tar.gz", Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x3636018)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 254
    	Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup::process_task(Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup=HASH(0x3e5c2c0), cPanel::TaskQueue::Task=HASH(0x48d7628), Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x3636018)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 585
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 588
    	cPanel::TaskQueue::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/StateFile.pm line 238
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/StateFile.pm line 238
    	cPanel::StateFile::Guard::call_unlocked(cPanel::StateFile::Guard=HASH(0x48d7610), CODE(0x450cba8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 593
    	cPanel::TaskQueue::process_next_task(cPanel::TaskQueue=HASH(0x417d678)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 151
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 149
    It seems to do this with random accounts regardless of the size..
    for the sake of having complete offsite backups for all my accounts I want to get this fixed.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure how many accounts you have but I might try backing up just one, small account to the remote FTP and see if that completes properly to troubleshoot.

3. Just-hosted

Just-hosted Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    The thing is sometimes the small accounts fail while the large accounts transfer just fine.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Well, I'm no expert on these logs but:
    Tells me its not random, for some reason the backup fails, or times out while trying to do its job.

I think I'd test to make sure it can do its job first. If it works once, does it work twice? If it works twice, does it work with a very large account as well? Can any backup you force write at all to the remote server?