The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Big Problem - Need help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mitro_al, Jul 1, 2006.

1. mitro_al

mitro_al Registered

Jun 12, 2006
    Hi Everyone,

I have had for a long time a serious problem in CPanel. Cpanel Host Package options got disabled and I cannot edit Webpage with Frontpage due to inactive extensions. I have spams attacking my inboxing every minute due to inactive spam programs and protection. This is happening because of disability or loss of a srm.conf file, which is the core of activating stuff.

I cannot install Frontpage extensions, activate spam killers resulting with total unuse of the site. I have contacted several times Support Team via email but so far no assistance or help.

These are the notices coming out while trying to reinstall Frontpage extensions:

Attempting to install FrontPage extensions...

Error: The server extensions were unable to access the file "srm.conf". Please check the file permissions.
    Setting Password
    Frontpage passthough auth enabled!

FrontPage extensions are currently: not installed

Or Hotlink Protection:

Apache detected an error in the Rewrite config.

fopen: Permission denied
    httpd: could not open document config file /usr/local/apache/conf/srm.conf

. Please try again.

Can anyone tell me how to reinstall srm.config. I have this file in desktop but i do not understand the location where to install it (/usr/local/apache/conf/srm.conf).

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Unless you have root access, this is something only your host can help you with.