Snowman30

PartnerNOC
Apr 7, 2002
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Im getting reports from a lot of resellers that CPanel branding has stopped workign since upgrading to the CURRENT 10 and then CURRENT 11 releases

anyone else seen this happen or know of the cause or a fix?

DamienCJK

Registered
Feb 14, 2006
Same issue, 'x' and 'bluelagoon' so far, not sure about the others.

Images are replaced/uploaded but not having any affect.

mydomain

Aug 10, 2003
We rolled back to the RELEASE version following problems with current after C9, but I would like to warn anyone that there are potential errors in rolling back from C11/C12 to release, we have a ticket open with cPanel which we are still awaiting response on - if you roll back to RELEASE please try and open phpmyAdmin from WHM and add a database - you will probably get PAGE NOT FOUND, log out of WHM and then click on login again - try and loging - you will probably get PAGE NOT FOUND again, if you have RVSKIN and rollback from current to RELEASE again you will also probably get errors as we have seen on a couple of boxes - its been a nightmare this time rolling back to RELEASE.

VIPsNET

Jun 13, 2002
Please fix the problem. Branding does not work in CURRENT-28 version, when can we expect fix for this ?

EWD

PartnerNOC
Aug 19, 2003
NY
JC said:
Now happening on the Stable version
10.9.0-S35
This is not supposed to happen in STABLE :(
Just unreal, isn't it? :rolleyes:

SupaDucta

Oct 6, 2004
There are many issues that shouldn't be happening in stable but they are, those latest S35/R34 updates are really messy, and they really seem to be untested well.

harryadvs

Registered
Oct 8, 2006
The Big Branding Mess

Heck, I have a dedicated with a full installation and I still can't figure this garbage out!

Default images serve from
usr\local\cpanel\base\unprotected\images

but the images in that dir refer to
../../frontend/x/branding

there's also stuff in
/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/images
/usr/local/cpanel/base/webmail/monsoon/images

It's a shame that cPanel is more concerned about pushing their brand off on others than providing a good web management solution. This code is a lot more convoluted than it needs to be. I'm thinking it's time to try Plesk?

EWD

PartnerNOC
Aug 19, 2003
NY
I upgraded to R44 today and branding is fixed.

harryadvs

Registered
Oct 8, 2006
Real Docs

It would really be helpful if cpanel provided real doccumentation regarging the structure of whm on the server. Changing the branding images shouldn't be this freakin hard. I've wasted way too much time on this unnecessary issue. And judging by the posts so have a lot of others.