Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel broken httpd.conf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kvnband, Apr 24, 2012.

  1. kvnband

    kvnband Registered

    Jan 12, 2006
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Hi. We just used easyapache to recompile/upgrade PHP, and ever since then, all of our websites are pointing to ONE document root. This of course is screwing everything up.

    We've tried rebuildhttpdconf and distilling and every other trick we can think of, but the domains never get generated properly, and instead we get one giant section in httpd.conf all pointing to one document_root. The weirdest thing is that they are all pointing to the docroot of some arbitrary, unrelated account.

    We need to figure this out. Every one of our websites and client sites is down.

    Has anyone else experienced this and knows how to fix it?
  2. Infopro

    Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

    May 20, 2003
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You might want to put in a ticket with cPanel Support on this. Top right corner of any page in WHM is a Support Menu. On it find the Contact cPanel link.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NetMantis

    NetMantis BANNED

    Apr 22, 2012
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Like Infopro said, might want to submit a support ticket on this with Cpanel.

    However, I have on a few occasions experienced something very similar to what you describe and have fixed the issue.

    My solution in those few instances was to go into /usr/local/apache/conf and delete all the files located in there (after backing those files up of course) and then I would go to some other directory folder outside /usr/local/apache and then go ahead and run easyapache again. What would happen is easyapache would think the system has no functioning Apache and would rebuild the configuration from scratch verses trying to update the existing configuration and in each of those few occasions where I ran into a similar situation like yours, that trick has fixed the problem.

    Just an illustration of commands to give a general basic idea only:

    # cd /usr/local/apache/conf
    # tar jcvf /home/httpdconf.tar.bz2 -- *
    # cd /home
    # rm -Rf -- /usr/local/apache/conf/*
    # screen
    # easyapache

    Alternatively, you could try just rebuilding your conf with /usr/local/cpanel/bin/build_apache_conf but in your case, it sounds like that would not be a workable solution for you though doesn't hurt to get that a try first.

    When rebuilding doesn't work for me, wiping out the existing apache configuration and then rebuilding clean with easyapache is usually the solution that works for me and gets everything back working solid again.

    Fortunately, this particular type of problem is rare and I don't need to do that often. It is most often seen when upgrading Apache 2.0 to 2.2 series or when running EasyApache after unusual custom modifications have been made to httpd.conf.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice