The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Cpanel Bug] :: Spam Filter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TRPN, Apr 2, 2004.

1. TRPN

TRPN Member

It seems like CPanel Spam Filter is not working or filtering emails.

I have created several filters on our domains, however I am still getting spam emails, which should have been deleted by the spam filter.

If anyone can help me out, it would be wonderful.

Thanks.

Vishal

2. harbornetworks

You need to edit your default spamassassin config.

/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf (not sure on the exact name of the config file at this time.)

3. TRPN

TRPN Member

Hi there,

I am not using spamassassin, instead am using the filter within Email Options and then adding filters manually based on content in "body", "header".. etc..

So I think it should work even without the spamassassin.. or am I wrong?

4. harbornetworks

I would use spamassassin then filter out all messages that are tagged by spamassassin. For instance I have set mine so it tags all spam by *** SPAM ***. THen I can filter that subject line out.

It doesn't catch everything, but it does get the majority of it. Look into also using Razor and DCC combines with spamassassin.

5. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

Yep, this has been broken for at least a month or more. Sometimes they work sometimes they dont. Submit a ticket so they can add it to bugzilla.

6. TRPN

TRPN Member

I am little scared of using spamassassin, as in the past it has tagged some of the very important emails as spam and hence even if I were to use spamassassin, I will be manually checking each one of them to see if any genuine email is there or not.

Normally I get about 400 + junk emails every day and am tired of it. So I spend about 20 minutes every morning, adding filters on the server and then I copy that file from one domain to all other domain, one reason I prefer to filter/delete the email on the server, is so I don't have to do it via my outlook, as even though it has a great filter opitons, but then I will have to add those filters to everyone else's computer too for them to work. In addition, I manually review each email before adding a filter to block that type of message then it also gives me little more assurance that genuine emails won't be deleted.

I think I did that about 2-3 week before, but haven't heard from them or received any replies either :(

I really wish that it function would work and to make things ever better, they can add a filtering option via WHM, so it will filter incoming emails for the entire server.

7. TRPN

TRPN Member

Any updates from CPanel developers would be much apprecaited. Also, I am sure that it is not just me who is having spam problem and looking into this feature + bug report, would actually help everyone using CPanel.

Thank you for the help.

Vishal