Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

CPanel & Centos 5.3 - New Install - Any issues?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by relfe, Apr 6, 2009.

1. relfe

relfe Registered

Hi

I am in the process of buying a new Nehalem server and I know that it needs the Centos 5.3 OS to function correctly.

Question - Are there any issues or problems I need to be aware of or anything I need to make the administrators aware of concerning CPanel / WHM?

Any help would be appreciated

Sincerely

Michael

2. nichiyume

nichiyume Member

I updated to 5.3 from 5.2 just fine. There were a few packages that wanted perl modules that I had installed but yum wasn't detecting - those were samba and syslinux. I just removed samba [not needed on a webserver] and added syslinux* to the /etc/yum.conf file. I think it is because I compiled Perl 5.8.8 from Cpanel as one of the first things I did with my new server because I don't recall ever having those problems when using the perl that came with my system. I'm not running the 64bit version, though, because I don't have more than 4GB of RAM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...