The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Certificate Signing Request

Discussion in 'CloudLinux' started by cesadmin, Oct 10, 2011.

1. cesadmin

cesadmin Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi, I'm new here so I hope I'm posting in the right spot. I am a reseller for a hosting company so I have decent WHM privilages. I generated and installed a self signed ssl cert via WHM. Well I totally screwed up the details so I removed the SSL host until I get another cert, probably a real one from an authorized vendor.

My question is:

Since I've deleted the SSL host in WHM and I've deleted the SSL folder in file manager and all its contents, why, when I go into cpanel of my own account, then to SSL/TLS under Security, then to Certificate Signing Requests (CSR), does it still list the CSR I generated earlier? If I click remove, it asks me if I want to delete the CSR, I click delete, and it says "The Certificate Signing Request for “domain.com” has been deleted." But when I go back to the CSR page, it still lists it there with the option to Show Details or Remove. I can go through this process over and over but it still says there is a CSR on the server. Why doesnt it remove it? Especially after I've deleted the SSL directory and all of its contents.

I've contacted my hosting company and they say one should always be there and it shouldnt be blank but I don't remember seeing it there till after I generated my own cert.

Any ideas or pointers?

TIA!

2. singh9211

singh9211 Member

Hello cesadmin,

I have repeated the same step as you said, and at the end i am able to delete the CSR with no problem at all, and page refresh the CSR is gone.

I think this is due to some setting on the server, and i think your hosting may be wrong in this regard, you should again consult them.

For more info:
    Code:
    http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/11_30/CpanelDocs/SslTlsManager