The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel change 11.46.1.x to 11.46.2.x and mbstring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JayBird22, Jan 23, 2015.

1. JayBird22

JayBird22 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Earlier today there was an automated update done on my server using the update noted in the title. After it was done, I noticed two accounts that were failing due to an error in K2, a Joomla extension. I raised a support ticket with my server management folks and they told me that mbstring was not set, and recompiled Apache.

Should mbstring have been affected by that update? Why would Apache not have been recompiled after the update (I thought that was part of the update)?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The cPanel update should not have caused any issues with mbstring. EasyApache must be invoked manually, and is not connected with the upcp process.

Thank you.

3. JayBird22

JayBird22 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi -Thanks for the prompt reply. My server manager said:\

"This was an automated cPanel upgrade, not a manually forced one. On those, if apache needs to be recompiled cPanel will automatically do it. I have verified that none of our staff entered your server or made any changes on our end since your last ticket. I know this is frustrating, but we simply did not do this."

So, if the mbstring was fine before the automated cPanel upgrade, and after the upgrade mbstring was missing ("Mbstring library was missing from your Apache configuration hence the warning messages popped up."), what would account for that?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The information provided to you is not accurate, but feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look and determine the actual cause. You can post the ticket number here and we can update you with the outcome.

Thank you.