The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel "Chatroom" port 2084 not working.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tekati, Jul 9, 2007.

1. tekati

tekati Registered

I am running 11.6.0-CURRENT 15032 and there is a "Chatroom" icon in the main CPanel menu. When you click on it, it simply asks you for a username when you enter one in and click on it takes you to a link like: http://yourdomain.com:2084/?nick=Robert&channel=yourdomain.com with the correct domain of course and your username but it takes you to a page cannot load. Port 2084 is not working for some reason. Its weird that this port is up in the CPanel port range. Is there something that needs to be done to activate this chat port? Or is this something that simply does not work yet or ever?

2. cYbErDaRk

cYbErDaRk Member

Sometimes service providers close "unneeded" ports for security issues. Ask your provider for this is the reason. I assume you don't have any firewall (fe, apf) on your machine.

One test I'd do is connect from the local shell with lynx to that URL. If it works the problem is not on cpanel.

Regards