The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel chk edit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob Gilliland, May 18, 2015.

1. Bob Gilliland

Bob Gilliland Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I was having a problem after I purchased an ssl certificate. I submitted a ticket to the host support staff. They don't seem to be able to resolve this and I need help. On my index page I have an api check script with this info. It is too long to put here. It can be seen at - Removed - The problem is, with this script on the page I can not edit my page. When I try to open it in the html editor, it shows nothing. I had to right click and copy source.
    I have deleted it and put the page up again two or three times. Every time I do it, it is OK until I save the page. When I go back, the script is there again

#1 Bob Gilliland, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Link removed, no need here.

You cannot copy n paste some source code from within cPanel and make your own page out of it. That file would never work as you have it.

This also doesn't have anything to do with your SSL purchase either, as far as I can tell.

You might want to start over here and explain exactly what you're trying to do, more clearly than this, so that someone can better assist you.

3. Bob Gilliland

Bob Gilliland Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I did not copy and paste the source code to make an html page. I copied it to make the text page that I showed in the link. The new pages were html pages from my files from the local computer and uploaded. As I stated, they worked fine. Then If I went into html editor and edited the page and saved it. the script came back. If you can't see the text page I linked to showing the script, how would you know what I was talking about?
    Any way, when I went back to the site this morning I uploaded a new page again and it is OK. I edited it, and saved it. I checked it later and it is fine, no script, and I can edit it in html editor with no difficulty.
    They removed the cpanel chk edit from the server. Than you very much for responding to my post.
    You might want to review the text file that I linked to showing what the script was. It would give you a good idea of the problem for future reference.

#3 Bob Gilliland, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Well, this is a part of that code:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/tr/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <title>
    HTML Editor
    </title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

</head>
    <body>

<style type="text/css">
    /*
    # html_editor.css Copyright(c) 2013 cPanel, Inc.
    # All rights Reserved.
    # copyright@cpanel.net http://cpanel.net
    # This code is subject to the cPanel license. Unauthorized copying is prohibited

*/
    .cpanelHide {
    display: none;
    }

.cpanelShow {
    display: block;
    }

.cke_button__cpanelsave_label {
    display: inline;
    }

.cke_dialog_ui_input_file {
    height: 50px;
    }

.cke_button__preview_label {
    display: inline;
    }
    </style>

<form id="htmlEditorForm" class="cpanelHide">
    <textarea id="editorArea" name="content">
    </textarea>
    </form>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/cPanel_magic_revision_1428301206/yui-gen/utilities_container/utilities_container.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/cPanel_magic_revision_1428301138/cjt/cpanel-all-min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../../3rdparty/jquery/1.10.2/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../../3rdparty/ckeditor/optimized/ckeditor.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="./html_editor-en.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/cPanel_magic_revision_1417072690/cjt/css/ajaxapp-min.css" />
    <!--[if IE 6]>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/cPanel_magic_revision_1335421088/cjt/css/ajaxapp_ie6.css" />
    <![endif]-->