The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel competitiveness initiatives and development vs Google?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eurorocco, May 15, 2013.

1. eurorocco

eurorocco Well-Known Member

Hi!

I see many customers switching their email to Google Apps, and I wonder if Cpanel will develop, or a third-party will develop Smartphone Apps for Cpanel to counter the Google competitive threat. I wish I could tell a customer hey don´t switch to Google Apps, we have that functionality and better over here, and you can access it from your iPhone or your Android phone, or whatever phone, and we offer you an open-source platform that has supperior privacy, security, and so on.

Is this something doable or that is already out there?

Cpanel is the glue that binds our web hosting offers. :)

Thanks for your help!

ER

PD
    And I´m sure the fair trade practices must be accepted by Google and platform vendors to keep the field fair, open to competition. Google and Microsoft have been fined in the EU and US for doing things in a way that kills industries and competition.

#1 eurorocco, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

We are always open to the idea of adding new features to cPanel. Feel free to utilize our feature request system to submit your ideas:

Submit A Feature Request

You may also be interested in the discussion of the new x4 theme at:

x4 Plugin Discussion

One of the goals is built-in support for common mobile devices for the cPanel interface.

Thank you.

3. eurorocco

eurorocco Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response! I am myself not into smartphones actually, so I invite smartphone fans to let Cpanel know how to make it the best platform for web, email and mobile. Thanks! ER