The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel >Config Server>TWEAK Setting - DOESNT EXIST?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonathanfla, Mar 4, 2011.

1. jonathanfla

jonathanfla Member

I own a server with rackspace , I order a domain from godaddy i set the nameservers to the proper names and i call rackspace to double check it . It was correct! I also change the cname and aname from rackspace.com, I also called them to confirm that it worked , and it was corret aname and cname .!!!

So i goto my Cpanel add on domain name , It gives me somekinda wrap error when i google it the fix should be to go to WHM > Server Configuration > TWEAK Settings

But my cpanel can only go past WHM> Server Configuration> "There is no TWEAK Setting option"

I was told that there is plenty of option on the tweak settings for domain placement.

I seen it on youtube a person clicking whm then server config then tweak but its amazing i dont have tweak why i own the server im the root . but i login with a username if that matters?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What is the exact error message you are receiving when trying to add a domain on the account? Please provide that message here for us to see.

Next, you do have WHM access using https://serverIP:2087 url, but you login as a user rather than root user to WHM interface? Is that correct?

If you do not have root access, you would not have WHM > Tweak Settings available in WHM. You would need to contact your provider who does have root access for any issues you need to have handled in Tweak Settings, but a domain not adding properly is not typically due to any Tweak Setting configuration other than possibly "Allow Remote Domains" or "Allow unregistered domains" options:

Since we do not know the error message yet, it's difficult to determine what might be causing that error.

3. jonathanfla

jonathanfla Member

i called rackspa i do have root access
    i bought the server but my friend installed it i just
    got my root password now how do whm with root i have no expire ce
    with this do i log in somehow with cpanel as root ? do i putty in ??? please pleasehelp me i
    so agrevated with this issue

4. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You will need to use port 2087 instead of 2083 for the url for WHM, then use root as the username and the root password for the login credentials. So https://serverIP#:2087/ for the url for example.

In WHM, look for Tweak Settings if you believe a setting there is the issue.

We still have not received the error message in your reply to know what error you were getting.

5. jonathanfla

jonathanfla Member

WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND Please i really need help here! This is a Cpanel forum right???

I own the server i need to access the ROOOOOOOOOOT Login for cpanel !!!

i do not know it becuase a friend set it up and put a subdomain ! for me and i use 123.123.123/cpanel to access example.<<

so how do i log in as ROOOT!

6. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You cannot log into cPanel as the root user using IP#/cpanel for the url. If you want to access TWEAK SETTINGS, you need to log into WHM using either IP#/whm or IP#:2087 as I've stated twice already. cPanel is only accessible for non-root users; WHM is only accessible for root users and resellers.