The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel Configuration help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by soqui, Oct 22, 2014.

1. soqui

soqui Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there, I'm new to CPanel and I've been asked to configure a server.. but I have only half of it done..
    this is my scenario:

1) I have 2 domains domain1.com and domain2.net (each one has their own www and other A records on DNS with godaddy)
    2) I need www.domain1.com (preferably access it via ftp with a user "domain1com")
    3) I need www.domain2.com (the same as point before, but with user "domain2net")

This is what I have done..

1) Configured the cpanel with hostname xyz.domain1.com
    2) After a lot of moving and poking around, I created a reseller for domain2.net and the user "domain2net"
    3) I uploaded the domain2.net site to it's folder via FTP without a problem
    4) I have a user account, that was created initially, my root user and this account has the same password (even when I haven't defined a root password) , I accessed via ftp and upload my domain1.com site to it's public_html folder
    5) I noticed that apache's default document site is on /usr/local/apache/htdocs I followed these instructions http://forums.cpanel.net/f442/changing-default-directory-usr-apache-htdocs-home-accountname-public_html-399901.html and still nothing..

What am I doing wrong? or what steps am I missing.. I'm not even sure that the reseller step was necesary, but it was the only thing it worked.. I didn't saw a place to add local users on cpanel and I didn't wanted to create them directly on the server.

Please help out a newbie.. :)

BTW, my cpanel version is WHM 11.44.1 (build 18)

Thanks

Victor ..

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can create separate accounts for each domain name through Web Host Manager:

WHM - Create An Account

A reseller account is not required, as you can access Web Host Manager as "root" instead.

Thank you.

3. soqui

soqui Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael, thanks for the reply..
    I was clicking the reseller option.. that's why I was unable to create the other user..
    so I was able to create it, I had the files on some other folder, so I moved the files manually via ssh
    to /home/domain1com/public_html/
    I had to run also chown -R domain1com:domain1com . inside public_html
    and for some reason (probably my own fault) the files had 755 access, so I compared them to domain2net and I changed all the php files with chmod -R 640 *.php
    I go to www.domain1.com and I get this error..
    Any pointers on how to solve that? :)

Thanks

4. soqui

soqui Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't know if the threads can be marked as solved..
    but I solve my issue.. it turns out that the public_html folder for the user domain1com had domain1com:domain1com as the user:group assigned.. comparing to domain2net public_html folder I saw that it had domain2net:nobody so I just chown'ed the pulibc_html folder from my .com domain and it was up and running..

Thanks a lot for the help cPanelMichael..

Regards..

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator