The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel configuration issues.

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by JMT, Sep 24, 2014.

1. JMT

JMT Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Good Morning,

I am new here and I would like to right of the bat say that I have no clue about cpanel, servers, etc. but I do own a website and I am having a HUGE problem. I have a web developer, but I am beginning to realize that there is a difference between coding and servers. It all boils down to I dont think he has a clue as to what he is doing.

I have a dedicated server that I just moved to on Friday. Everything was fine but Monday night we had a huge spike in traffic and the server handled just fine. Analytics was reporting 5000 people on and the server was loading fine. Well yesterday morning at 10:30 am the website crashed. I kept receiving a cloud flare time out error either 522 or 520. It would come up on its own, and crash again. This seemed to be happening every couple of minutes or so. My web developer was looking into it for hours, and nothing.

I contacted my hosting company and of course, they do not handle software issues or setting up the server. Again, I have NO IDEA about any of this stuff which is so frustrating, but I think he didnt set up the server correctly. Yesterday the bandwith was through the roof when we didnt have a spike in traffic. I thought maybe we were being attacked, but I am not sure. Cloudflare was somewhat of a help and sent an email something pertaining to orange and gray. I have no idea. I just want to scream, may as well be reading chinese.

So I am stuck. I have had this website for 2 years and although I moved servers, my last server was with the same company. They cant assist, my web developer hasn't a clue so I wanted to know if anyone can suggest any support companies to help me set up my server the proper way to ensure this will not happen again. Something is not right in the server or cpanel but my web developer refuses to admit he has no clue what is going on. 10 hours and you found nothing? I don't have time to spare. Please any advice or inexpensive company names and contact info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can find a list of system administration companies in our application catalog:

cPanel Application Catalog - System Admin Services

Thank you.

3. JMT

JMT Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi and thank you. I saw that list. NOt sure if this is allowed, if not I apologize but is there anyway a member can contact me to assist? I would be willing to pay for someone that knows what they are doing. I am in a desperate situation here. I checked a few of the companies but numbers seem to be off shore. I am in the United States.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A forum such as WebHostingTalk is likely a better avenue for offers/requests/feedback on system administration companies. The forums here are more intended for answering questions associated with the use of cPanel/WHM.

Thank you.