The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel constantly reporting too much disk space used

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor_Cox, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Doctor_Cox

Doctor_Cox Member

Ladies and gentlemen,

My company's server is running WHM 10.8.0 and cPanel 10.9.0-S119 and we have constant problems with cPanel thinking an account is using more disk space than it actually is. In one case this morning, one account had supposedly consumed it's entire 50MB quota, and yet a check of the usage utility in cPanel showed sizes which would have been pushing it to total up to 10MB.

It is absurd, in my opinion, to have such a ridiculously trivial thing not working right, especially since when cPanel thinks it is over quota it rejects incoming email. I know about the fixquotas script, but I would much rather know why this is happening so that a real solution might be found, not some clumsy stop gap solution that will need to be run time and time again.

Thank you for your time.

2. Doctor_Cox

Doctor_Cox Member

Well finally found the problem. My boss noticed a .spamassassin folder in the root of each account. In the case of the account I gave, it was full of FORTY MB of stuff. For some reason the disk usage util misses this folder.

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

You'll probably need to update the quota by running these commands (in that order):
    /scripts/fixeverything
    /scripts/upcp --force