The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Creation Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thugmasta218, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Thugmasta218

Thugmasta218 Member

When I create an account, it says it created it successfully. I can login to the account, however in the whm, when i go to list accounts and terminate account, it isnt showing the account. however, it does show it in the terminate multiple accounts, and it does show in the upgrade/downgrade an account.. Anyone know why this is happening and how it can be fixed?

The OS is FreeBSD and I am running the latest cpanel

Thanks

2. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

Is this a new server or has this problem only just started occuring? Accounts now showing up in the list usually indicates a problem with the dns setup. We have had a few reseller customers who 'lost' a client when some part of the dns entry on the account went wrong.

3. Thugmasta218

Thugmasta218 Member

This is a new server.. we are attempting to transfer everything on the current old server to this new one... Right now, we dont really have any dns options set because we will still be using the same domain as the old server and we cant use those nameservers and dns recoreds until we make the switch :)

4. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

That will most likely be the cause then. You need all dns options to be set as far as I am aware for things to list correctly. Why not use temporary nameservers whilst you get everything setup then switch over to your main ones?

5. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Indeed! You need to setup the NS/DNS before transferring accounts from the old to the new server.