The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Cron job notification email issue : Strange !

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by raufshake, Jan 7, 2015.

1. raufshake

raufshake Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello Everyone,

I have a cron job set up in my account which is set to receive notification on support@mydomain.com.
    The user name of my cPanel is mydomain and mydomain.com is the primary domain registered to this hosting.

However, currently mydomain is not hosted on this cPanel and also it has a different Mail service attached to it.

When the cron job executes it sends an email to support@mydomain.com, however this mail is not delivered to me.

I checked WHM and found that the email is queued. with the message as below:

Code:
    LOG: MAIN
      cwd=/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -v -M 1Y8o6n-0001uU-4j
    delivering 1Y8o6n-0001uU-4j
    LOG: MAIN
      == [email]support@mydomain.com[/email] R=virtual_aliases defer (-17): error in redirect data: missing or malformed local part (expected word or "<") in "fail: No Such User Here"
    I have this email support@mydomain.com active which is hosted on a third party email server.

It seems that the cron utility is only looking for this domain within my cPanel account.. because when I try a gmail account I get the notification :/

Any help will be appreciated as I need all the notification to be sent to support@mydomain.com

I have tried different email for mydomain and none was delivered.. And in WHM its always queued.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Rauf S

#1 raufshake, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please browse to:

"cPanel --> Mail --> MX Entry"

Configure the email routing to "Remote Mail Exchanger" for this domain name and let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.