The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Crontab Location

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bar338, Jan 14, 2010.

1. bar338

bar338 Registered

Webalizer Not Updating - Cpanel Crontab Location

I currently have webalizer enabled in my control panel. I was having some problems with it (after changing domain names) and as a result had to dig into to the server to fix it. Everything is working if I update webalizer manually, the problem exists when cpanel does its nightly update of webalizer. I need to find the location of the cron job that cpanel executes for webalizer every night. Once I find it I will be able to alter the cron command so that it will work properly.

I'm running centos distribution of linux.

I've already looked in the servers default crontab (/etc/crontab) and the command for cpanels webalizer is not there.

Thanks for your assistance.

#1 bar338, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    /var/spool/cron/root

You can list with crontab -l
    Edit with crontab -e

I think this is what you seek, HTH

3. bar338

bar338 Registered

That is what I was asking for but it turns out after looking through it that it is not what I need.

My ultimate goal is to get my webalizer stats to work properly. I just changed domains and they are no longer updating like they should. I can force an update using the following command:

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/webalizer -N10 -D /home/www/tmp/webalizer/dns_cache.db -R250 -p -n mydomain.com -o /home/www/tmp/webalizer /usr/local/apache/domlogs/mydomain.com

I had initially hoped it would be as easy as replacing a similar line with the one above (only difference would be .com instead of .org in the domain). However, as you may have guessed this (or a similar) line does not exist in either /etc/crontab or /var/spool/cron/root.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

#3 bar338, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  4. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

You are looking at /usr/local/cpanel/cpanellogd I think. You can change the stats time from WHM >> Statistics Software Configuration which calls the above script.

5. bar338

bar338 Registered

I think i'm getting closer now, but it is still not quite working. Awstats is updating correctly, but I still can't get webalizer to update after this domain change.

/usr/local/cpanel/cpanellogd

This is probably the correct script which launches the log file but I can't seem to figure out exactly how the script works.
    where is /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/webalizer called?
    where is the domain name stored?

I also looked through WHM but saw nothing other than the most basic configuration settings.

Thanks for your help thus far.