The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel DNS Cluster setup (/w 3x cPanel DNS Only VPS)

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by FlexiHost, May 14, 2012.

1. FlexiHost

FlexiHost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am trying to find what is going wrong with my setup.

We have 3 external nameservers - ns1, ns2 and ns3

Now, we have 3 different VPS's - with cPanel on them, and we want to be able to cluster these to the nameservers.

What we don't want, is root admin of VPS1 being able to see zones from VPS2, Likewise VPS3 should only see their own zones etc.

Now, from each VPS, we have setup the cluster like : ns1 ns2 and ns3 Write only, and from the name servers, set the VPS's as Standalone.

All the zones are still showing in each others DNS editors - I created an account on VPS2, I can see the zone there, but that one I can not see on VPS3 - again, I created an account on VPS3, and can see it under the dns editor on that one, but not VPS2 - now that is PERFECT - why are all the other zones showing then?

Is it then, that any old zones can be seen by the entire cluster, but new ones can not?

How can we sort this out?

Out of interest, if I go to edit MX records, we are only shown the ones that belong to that server - question is how to get the DNS the same now...