The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel DNS etc

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Snoopy, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Snoopy

Snoopy Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Hi All

I would really like to use cpanel but so far cannot find any easy way of having it work with my current dns servers and cannot seam to find any good answers..

So im thinking to have a cpanel hosting server with a DNS only server elsewhere and then
    get my database to addusers/domains..

However im finding it hard to find the correct way to have cpanel send back info to my database when a additional item is added when a cpanel user adds a new domain.

So simply if i was to use cpanel dns system with new name servers is it usually of
    for DNS1 to be on the hosting box and secondary to be on the DNS only box.
    If so then all i need to do is find how to get the information from the cpanel server when a new user/domain is added..

Maybe what i listed is a bit confusing but it is that i cannot find a way to have cpanel and my current DNS format to work together so im looking at any way i can so i can use CPanel..

Any infomation or suggestions at this point would really be a great help..
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    Yes and Yes :)

You would configure the cPanel server and the DNS-Only server as a DNS Cluster (in WHM) and configure them to synchronise with each other (in WHM DNS Cluster config). That's it. When a zone modification, addition or deletion occurs on the cPanel server it automatically sends the change to the DNS-Only server which updates its records.

This isn't the traditional primary/secondary DNS server setup, but rather more like two primary servers that have each other update their own records via a WHM (port 2087) link.