The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel DNS Only server setup

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by jteerman, Oct 23, 2008.

1. jteerman

jteerman Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I have two servers running cPanel, one of them being DNS-only. The primary server has been running for the past month with no issues. I just installed the second server with DNS-only and am trying to get it configured. When I hit the 'Home' link, I get a screen similar to the primary server, but when I try to access most of the tabs (i.e. Server Configuration / Basic cPanel/WHM Setup), I get a blank screen. Is this normal since it is DNS-only or is there an issue?

Also, from the DNS-only computer, I can access the interface using the internal IP:2086 ( (I do not have an external IP on this computer yet, wanted to do some testing prior to bringing it up unless it is required for this process to work), but when I try to access it from the primary computer to establish the cluster, I get this message:

Failed to Connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.

* Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

Any help will be appreciated!

2. MantisComp

MantisComp Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Is there a firewall running on the DNS Only server?
    To check, type 'setup' in the Centos svr and check the firewall.